Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring



I am not a fan of the fantasy genre, but I can't deny that this film has some great imagery. I am speaking of the New Zealand landscape where the film was shot. The effects leave a bit more to be disired as any computer generated imagery does. The acting is pretty good, given the silly things the characters have to say. I was slightly offended that the whole film is being fought over jewlery. I think Breakfast at Tiffany's has fetishized rings enough. Also, If instructed not to ever put the ring on, why does Frodo put it on 6 or 7 times in the film? Doesn't he realize that by putting the ring on, he is alerting his hunters to his location. Also, it really bothers me that the hobbits don't wear shoes, especially when hiking through the snow covered mountains. Other than these complaints, the film is alright and it did leave me curious to see the next one, which I hope is darker a la Empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment